step 1 - Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat until hot. Add bacon and cook, stirring occasiaonally, 4- 5 minutes until just crisp. Transfer 1/4 cup bacon to a plate lined with paper towel and set aside. Add leeks to remaining bacon in pan and cook, stirring often, for 4- 5 minutes until tender.
step 2 - Add cauliflower, potatoes and stock to pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium- low and cook, stirring often, for 30-35 minutes until vegetables are tender.
Step 3 - Using a hand blender, blend soup until smooth. Warm soup over low heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Ladle soup into serving bowls, sprinkle with cheese and reserved bacon.
Recipe sourced from Sydney Markets
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 250g short-cut bacon rashers
- thinly sliced 2 leeks, trimmed, halved lengthways and thinly sliced
- ½ medium cauliflower*, trimmed and cut into small florets
- 400g potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 6 cups chicken stock
- Grated reduced fat tasty cheese, to serve
- *you’ll need about 600g cauliflower florets
- Serves: 4
- Ready In: Prep 25 Mins - Cook 50 mins