- In a stainless steel saucepan combine the water, shallots, pepper, salt and vinegar
- Bring to the boil and simmer very gently for 20 minutes, adding a little extra water if it dried up.
- Pass through a fine nylon strainer into a small saucepan, forcing the onion through. There should be about 1/3 cup. Add the cream and mustard and place in a very low heat.
- Cut the butter into cubes and one by one whisk them into the sauce until you have a smooth, creamy sauce. Press plastic wrap onto the surface of the sauce to prevent skinning or separating, and set aside keeping warm.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add te pasta and cook to al dente, about 7 minutes. Drain, toss with a few teapsons of olive oil and set aside.
- Cook the salmon in a lightly oil non-stick pan over high heat, for about 1 1/2 minutes on each side, until seared on the surface and still pink inside. Remove and let rest while you prepare the avocado.
- Cut avocados into small cubes and toss gently in a bowl with lemon juice, black olives and chopped herbs.
- Gently stir the butter suace the thr drained pasta and carefully fold in the avocado misture and the salmon cut into bite-sized cubes.
- Serve into warmed bowls and garnish with sprigs of fresh herbs.
Source: Australian Avocados