- Ready in: 30 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 2 avocados, peeled, deseeded
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 600g fresh spaghetti, (or 4 portions dried spaghetti)
- 1 cup basil leaves, roughly torn
- 8-10 slices prosciutto, grilled until crisp, broken into shards
- 1 cup shaved parmesan, to serve
- Heat a large saucepan of water over high heat until boiling.
- Add the pasta and cook as per packet directions or until al dente. Drain and refresh.
- Meanwhile, place avocado, lemon rind, juice, olive oil, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Use a fork to roughly mash the avocado and combine with the lemon juice dressing.
- Add the hot pasta to the avocado and mix until well coated, add basil leaves and prosciutto and toss before serving with parmesan shavings.
Tip: If prosciutto is not available pancetta (Italian bacon) would make a good substitute or smoked ham spec (pork topside).