- Ready in: 30 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 600g sliced beef strips or sirloin steak
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1x red onion, sliced
- 2x garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g can of red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 1x mild green chilli, sliced
- 3x tomatoes, diced
- 1x ripe avocado, cut into 1cm cubes
- 2 tbsp finely chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves, coarsely chopped
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Combine cumin, paprika and oregano in bowl. Add beef and toss to combine. Reserve.
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan. Cook onion over medium heat until softened. Add chilli and garlic and cook for 1 minute. Remove from pan.
- Heat remaining oil and cook beef in two batches until browned and cooked. Reutrn onion mixture to pan along with red kitney beans, green chilli and tomatoes, Heath through while stirring. Keep warm.
- In a bowl combine avocado, red onion, line juice and coriander.
- Serve beef with avocado salsa, corn tortillas and lime wedges.
- Always preheat the pan when you are cooking meat to ensure it browns well.
- Use a pan that suits the quantity of the meat to be cooked so that it doesn't stew in the pan.
- Always oil the meat and no the pan so that the oil doesn't burn.