Make caramelised onion: Melt butter and oil in a large frying pan over low heat. Add onion and stir to coat. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until light golden. Stir in thyme. Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 25 to 30 minutes or until caramelised. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 240°C. Using a 5cm round biscuit cutter, cut 12 rounds out of each pizza base. Spread mini pizza bases thinly with tapenade. Lightly spray with oil. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake pizza bases for 6 to 8 minutes or until crisp.
- Spoon warm caramelised onion over pizza bases. Top with goat's cheese and a small sprig of thyme. Sprinkle with cracked black pepper. Lightly drizzle with oil and serve.
- 2 large pizza bases
- 2 tablespoons black olive tapenade
- olive oil cooking spray
- 50g goat's cheese, crumbled
- thyme sprigs and extra-virgin olive oil, to serve
- 20g butter
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 brown onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- Ready In: 60 minutes