- Place mushrooms into a large bowl. Combine char sui sauce, sherry, garlic chilli in a small jug & pour over mushrooms. Mix well to coat all mushrooms in marinade. Cover & set aside to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Heat a wok over high heat. Add oil, mushrooms & any remaining marinade & stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Add green onions to wok & toss well to combine. Serve mushrooms with steamed rice.
Note: Char sui is a thick, sweet Chinese barbecue sauce available at most supermarkets & Asian grocery stores.
- 600g button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup char sui sauce*
- 2 tbsp sweet sherry
- 1x garlic clove, crushed
- 1x small red chilli, deseeded & finely chopped
- 2 tbsp extra light olive oil
- 8x green onions, thinly sliced
- steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- Serves: 4
- Ready In: 30 mins