1. Place capsicum under a preheated grill and cook until blistered.
2. Remove and place in a plastic bag. Sit for 5 minutes then remove and peel. Cut into thin slices.
3. Combine olive oil and garlic.
4. Slice eggplant into 1cm thick rounds.
5. Brush with oil mixture and cook in a frying pan for 3 minutes each side or until golden.
6. Lightly grill bread rounds.
7. Spread with pesto and top with a slice of eggplant, then avocado, olives and red capsicum.
- 1 red capsicum, halved and seeds removed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup ready made pesto
- 1 medium eggplant
- 6 slices of olive bread, halved on the diagonal
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 12 kalamata olives
- Serves: 12
- Ready In: 20 minutes